If you’re used to running road marathons, you might be interested to know that Aid Stations are quite different for a trail marathon as you’ll be out on the course for longer and will need more sustenance to keep you going. They are also a chance to stop and take a break!
Marathon Aid Stations
There will be five Aid Stations on the route as well as provisions at the finish, which will stock a combination of the following:
- Aquapax water 500 ml cartons
- HIGH5 gels
- HIGH5 Zero drink (ready to pour)
- sweets, snacks and fruit
(HIGH5 products will be vegan but please check for allergies prior to the event on their website: https://highfive.co.uk/pages/faqs).
We will update you with details of other snacks and potential allergens as we have them.
Although you won’t want to hang about, our Aid Stations will be an opportunity for you to take a breather, take on board some nutrition and fill your hydration system before setting off for the next section.
Most of our Aid Stations will also have beautiful backdrops where you can take a few deep breaths, enjoy the view and take a photo or two!
Water and HIGH5 Zero at Aid Stations
The Aid Stations at Brighton Trail Weekend will carry Aquapax 500ml water cartons as our source of water for runners. Aquapax are a sustainable solution, with their cartons being recyclable. Find out more here. They are also safe to refill.
However, we ask that you also bring a water bottle or collapsible cup with you to the event that you can use to refill with our Aquapax cartons or for filling up with HIGH5 Zero drink at the Aid Stations, as we won’t be providing cups for the HIGH5 Zero drink.
- If you are bringing your own collapsible water cup, bottle or hydration system, please arrive with your water bottle or hydration system full for the start.
- There will be Aquapax bottles at the start if you do not bring a cup or bottle with you. But as mentioned above, remember there will not be additional cups for HIGH5 Zero at Aid Stations.
- There will be recycling bins available at the Aid Stations for the Aquapax cartons.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you pick up an Aquapax from an Aid Station to use on your run, please leave no trace on the route. Take the Aquapax with you until the next Aid Station where you can dispose of it (and we will recycle it) or refill it.
- Please take care to keep the lid or dispose of it at the Aid Station
Aid Station Locations
Please note distances are approximate and may be slightly more or less than stated and subject to some change. You will be notified if so closer to the event. GPX files are also coming very soon.
Aid Station 1: Falmer Road
Distance from Start: 4 miles
Distance to next Aid Station: 7.5
Aid Station 2: Housedean Farm
Distance from Start: 11.5 miles
Distance to next Aid Station: 3.5 miles
Aid Station 3: BlackCap ridge
Distance from Start: 15 miles
Distance to next Aid Station: 4 miles
Aid Station 4: Ditchling Beacon
Distance from Start: 19 miles
Distance to next Aid Station: 4.5 miles
Aid Station 5: Chalk Hill Car Park
Distance from Start: 23.5 miles
Distance to Finish: 2.7 miles